How to Get Your Car Unstuck
How to get your car unstuck using the Trac-Grabber
+ RULES FOR USING TRAC-GRABBER
Important: THOROUGHLY INSPECT WHEEL WELLS TO MAKE SURE YOUR VEHICLE HAS SUFFICIENT CLEARANCES for TRAC-GRABBER STRAPS to make a full and unobstructed rotation. Check all body parts as well as brakes and suspension components. When mounting TRAC-GRABBER on front wheels, keep wheels as straight as possible.
+ DOES TRAC-GRABBER FIT ON VEHICLES WITH STEEL WHEELS AND HUB CAPS?
As long as there are holes in the wheel for the strap to go through they will fit on steel wheels. The hubcaps should be removed prior to use.
+ FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE AND SAFETY
- If Trac-Grabber becomes loose, stop immediately and retighten.
- Trac-Grabber is not designed for extended driving. Once the vehicle is unstuck and on solid terrain, Trac-Grabber should be removed from wheels.
- Install Trac-Grabber on both “drive” wheels. “Drive” wheels are the wheels which receive power from the engine and transmission. If you are unsure, check your vehicle owner’s manual to determine whether your vehicle is front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, or all-wheel drive.
- Drive in REVERSE or FORWARD, whichever is the direction of least resistance and shortest direction BACK to stable terrain.*
+ INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOW TO GET YOUR CAR UNSTUCK
- TIGHTLY secure one Trac-Grabber to each drive wheel. With strap inserted through the slot in the Trac-Grabber, hold the Trac-Grabber on the wheel perpendicular to the tire tread with “D” rings on outside facing you. Feed the loose end of the strap through an opening in the wheel from the back side. Feed the end of the strap through the “D” rings, PULL TIGHT, and secure the strap with the Velcro to prevent slippage. Loose Trac-Grabber may cause damage to the vehicle!DO NOT INSTALL STRAP THROUGH OPENING NEAR TIRE VALVE STEM!
- Do not drive over 5 mph while Trac-Grabbers are installed.
- THOROUGHLY INSPECT WHEEL WELL TO MAKE SURE YOUR VEHICLE HAS SUFFICIENT CLEARANCES. Make sure that there is sufficient clearance between the wheel and the wheel well for the Trac-Grabber to make a full and unobstructed rotation. Even when front wheels are turned. ALSO inspect to make sure that there is adequate clearance between the strap and any stationary components of the vehicle for the strap to make a full and unobstructed rotation.
- Clearing away any dirt, mud, or snow that may impede movement or create resistance to direction of travel from all four vehicle unstuck.
- With Trac-Grabbers installed, DRIVE IN REVERSE or FORWARD, WHICHEVER IS THE DIRECTION OF LEAST RESISTANCE AND SHORTEST DIRECTION BACK TO STABLE TERRAIN.
- With TRAC-GRABBERS installed, slowly apply power until the tires rotate and engage the Trac-Grabbers. Slowly apply more power to allow the Trac-Grabbers to lift and move vehicle. As the vehicle begins to move, maintain steady but not excessive power until vehicle reaches stable terrain. Try to avoid spinning the wheels as much as possible. WITH TRAC-GRABBERS INSTALLED ON THE FRONT WHEELS, KEEP THE WHEELS AS STRAIGHT AS POSSIBLE.
- REMOVAL: The Trac-Grabbers will become very tight on the wheels during use. TO REMOVE TRAC-GRABBERS FROM THE WHEELS, PUSH THEM BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL POSITION ON THE TIRE TO CREATE SLACK IN THE STRAP.
- Inspect rubber and straps for wear and tear. If any deformities are evident discard and do not reuse.*
+ LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
In no event shall Trac-Grabber, LLC or any of its affiliates or members be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special consequential damages whatsoever arising out of or connected with the use or misuse of its products.*
DOWNLOAD TRAC-GRABBER INSTRUCTIONS AND TIPS FOR HOW TO GET YOUR CAR UNSTUCK