HOW TO PREPARE FOR A SNOW STORM
Winter storm Toby is the fourth Nor'easter ready to sock the East with Snow, Ice, Winds, and Coastal Flooding. The fourth Nor'easter in three weeks causing wide spread power outages, tree damage, and traffic nightmares. Winter warnings are in affect from Ashville, NC to Boston MA. with some areas projected to see 18" of snow through Thursday AM. How PREPARED are YOU?
Take some time now to gather the supplies you will need to ride out the storm at home, or to safely venture outside if you must.
Check Your Supplies:
- Make sure you have a snow shovel for your house and a compact shovel to keep in your car.
- Check that you have sufficient heating fuel for your home and fuel for your generator, if you have one.
- Have plenty of dry wood for your fireplace or wood-burning stove if you have one.
- Stock non-perishable food items and necessary medications to last you and your family for several days.
- If you must venture out in your car, be sure to have a set of Trac-Grabbers to get you unstuck from the snow and ice. Trac-Grabbers are available at www.tracgrabber.com, Cabela's, and Canadian Tire stores. Recommended by AutoWeek as essential winter weather gear.